Are you searching for How to Screen Record on Mac? Screen recording on Mac is a useful feature for creating video tutorials, or presentations. With the built-in screen recording tool, you can easily capture anything that appears on your screen, including audio and video.
How to Screen Record on Mac
Here is how to go about screen recording on your Mac.
- The first step is to open the built-in screen recording tool on your Mac. To do this, click on the Spotlight icon on the top-right corner of your screen or press Command + Space. Then type “QuickTime Player” in the search bar and select the QuickTime Player app from the list of results.
- Once the QuickTime Player app is open, click on “File” in the menu bar and select “New Screen Recording.” Alternatively, you can press the keyboard shortcut “Command + Shift + 5” to access the screen recording tool.
- After clicking on “New Screen Recording,” a screen recording window will appear on your screen. You will see a red record button in the center of the window. Before you start recording, you can adjust the recording settings by clicking on the down arrow next to the record button. This will allow you to choose the audio input, quality, and whether you want to show mouse clicks in the recording.
- To start recording, click on the red record button in the center of the screen recording window. You will see a countdown from three, after which the recording will start. You can record your entire screen or select a specific area by clicking and dragging your mouse. Once you have selected the area you want to record, click on the “Record” button to begin the recording.
- To stop the recording, click on the stop button in the menu bar or press the “Command + Control + Esc” keys simultaneously. The screen recording will be saved as a .mov file on your desktop by default.
- Once you have stopped the recording, you can edit it by opening it in QuickTime Player or any other video editing software. You can trim the beginning or end of the recording, adjust the audio levels, or add text and annotations to the video.
When you’re satisfied with your edits, you can save the recording by clicking on “File” in the menu bar and selecting “Save” or “Export As.” Choose the format and quality you want, and select the destination folder where you want to save the recording.
Can I record audio along with my screen recording?
Yes, you can choose the audio input source in the screen recording settings and record audio along with your screen recording.
Can I record a specific portion of my screen?
Yes, you can select a specific portion of your screen to record by clicking and dragging your mouse.
Can I edit the screen recording after it’s been saved?
Yes, you can edit the screen recording by opening it in QuickTime Player or any other video editing software.
Can I record my iPhone or iPad screen using my Mac?
Yes, you can connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac and use QuickTime Player to record the screen.