Speaking of How to Clear Cache, Cache refers to a temporary storage location that stores data and files to help speed up the process of loading web pages and applications. When you visit a website or use an app, your device stores data such as images, scripts, and HTML files in the cache.
The next time you visit the same website or use the same app, your device will load the data from the cache instead of downloading it again, which can help reduce loading times and improve your browsing experience.
Clearing cache is an essential process that should be performed regularly on any device that has an internet connection. Whether you’re using a computer, a smartphone, or a tablet, clearing cache can help improve device performance and fix various issues related to browsing history and temporary files.
How to Clear Cache
Over time, cache files can accumulate and take up significant amounts of storage space on your device. This can cause performance issues and slow down your device.
Additionally, cached data can sometimes become corrupted or outdated, leading to issues with web pages or applications not loading correctly. Clearing the cache can help fix these issues and improve the overall performance of your device.
How to Clear Cache on a Computer
Clearing cache on a computer can help improve performance and fix issues related to browsing history and temporary files. Here are the steps to clear cache on a computer:
To clear cache on Google chrome;
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots icon in the top right corner.
- Click on “More Tools” and select “Clear browsing data”.
- Select the time range for which you want to clear the cache and select the types of data you want to delete.
- Click on “Clear data”.
To clear cache on Mozilla Firefox;
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on the three lines icon in the top right corner.
- Click on “Options” and select “Privacy & Security”.
- Scroll down to “Cookies and Site Data” and click on “Clear Data”.
- Select the types of data you want to delete and click on “Clear”.
How to Clear Cache on a Smartphone or Tablet
Clearing cache on a smartphone or tablet can help improve performance and fix issues related to browsing history and temporary files. Here are the steps to clear cache on a smartphone or tablet:
- Open the Settings app and select “General”.
- Scroll down to “iPhone Storage” or “iPad Storage” and select it.
- Wait for the list of apps to load and select the app for which you want to clear the cache.
- Click on “Offload App” or “Delete App” to clear the cache.
- Open the Settings app and select “Storage”.
- Click on “Internal Storage” and select “Cached Data”.
- Click on “OK” to confirm the deletion of cached data.
How often should I clear my cache?
It is recommended to clear cache regularly, especially if you use your device frequently for browsing or using applications. You may want to clear cache once a week or every few weeks to keep your device running smoothly.
Will clearing cache delete my browsing history?
Clearing cache will not delete your browsing history. However, it will delete temporary files, cookies, and other data that are stored in the cache to speed up the loading of web pages and applications.
Will clearing cache delete my saved passwords?
Clearing cache will not delete saved passwords.
READ ALSO: How to Get Taller using Natural Means